“Finally I saw that worrying had come to nothing, and gave it up. And took my old body and went out into the morning and sang.”— Mary Oliver
Instagram kicked a hornet’s nest a few weeks back.
They announced they’re focusing on short form videos (i.e. copying TikTok because Meta can’t come up with original ideas).
People’s reaction was interesting. Here’s why.
Gardeners aren’t seeing their friend’s accounts much unless they hit the followers button. From what I gather, people realize they’re spending lots of time making Meta wealthier, but that time isn’t translating into a better experience.
I’m taking this as a gentle reminder to spend more time in my garden and less time on social media 😜.
How do you feel about Instragram these day? Hit reply and let me know.
Now, onto some “garden” fun.
10 Fun Gardeny Things I Want to Share
Yes. I know “gardeny” isn’t a real word 🥰 .
1. I love this 4 minute YouTube video about Gresgarth Hall garden. It’s the home of Arabella Lennox-Boyd filled to the rim with design inspiration.
2. Pam Panick captured images of the most beautiful oak trees I have ever seen. This place is now on my bucket list.
3. See what this YouTuber learned from an Amish farmer. This is how he deals with squash bugs and cucumber beetle in his vegetable garden. Why do we miss the obvious solutions?
4. I enjoyed reading this Medium article about how relationships are like gardening. We reap what we sow.
5. This musical artist created an ENTIRE music video using cyantoype prints. This must have taken ages to make.
6. This blog post lists 100 of the most creative gardening design ideas. There’s tons of great garden ideas 😲.
7. The last super moon of the year took place in August. The photos will blow you away.
8. Here’s a list of the top 16 easy to grow flowers.
9. Edward James created an surreal garden in the jungles of Las Pozas, Mexico. I’ve never seen a garden like it.
10. If you are new to flower gardening and you’d like some tips on where to start, I think you’ll enjoy this Longfield gardens article.
Thanks for reading this week’s list. I’m so glad you are here. You can see previous issues and subscribe by clicking that big green button. Got something on your mind, just hit reply. I read every email. Cheers!