“A lawn is nature under totalitarian rule.”— Michael Pollan
10 Fun Things I Found This Week
1. Clay soil is super easy (said no gardener ever). If you garden in clay, here’s a list of 30 flowers and 14 vegetables that will actually grow.
2. I think Instagram and TikToc are fun, but for me, there’s nothing better than an old school blog. Here’s an example of what I’m talking about.
3. A former Dyson engineer invented a foldable, eco-friendly, self-watering pot.
4. I enjoyed reading this Gardens Illustrated article about an amateur gardener that transformed a run down nursery and garden into something amazing.
5. If you’re looking for a laugh, check out these 25 dumb, but funny gardening memes.
6. Seeing Keegan Clifford’s amazing vegetable garden has me thinking about how I can find enough sun in my garden to grow veggies.
7. If you want to know how to bleach pinecones to use for decorations, check out this article.
8. This guy deleted all the social media apps on his phone, and this is what happened.
9. If you’re like me and you don’t have enough room in your garage to over-winter your terracotta pots, this article has some sound advice on how to prevent pots from cracking.
10. This isn’t related to gardening, but I loved reading this story of how a guy started a granola business during the pandemic. The article even has advice on making the perfect granola.
Thanks for reading. Hit reply and let me know what you think. If you’re new to this newsletter, you can see previous issues and subscribe by clicking that big button. Cheers!