“Life flees and hides and sleeps, only to awaken again, forever stronger than death – fresher, fairer, sweeter for its long winter rest.”
— Dallas Lore Sharp
Happy New Year!
I love the new year. The endless possibilities. The fresh start. It’s a single day from Dec 31 to Jan 1, but it feels all shiny and new.
I used one of those word generators to pick my word of the year. I logged in, hit enter, and a couple seconds later the word TRANSFORM was staring me in the face.
It’s a goofy way to get your word of the year, but I don’t mind. Transform is the perfect word and I’m all in. Click here if you want to try it out.
I’m not sure what transform means to you, but this is what I’m thinking.
- Be the best version of yourself.
- Keep moving forward and leave the past where is belongs.
- Keep learning new things and practicing new skills.
- Keep sharing with this amazing garden community.
So welcome to 2023. Pull up a chair and let’s get started. As we move into this new year please remember, there’s only one you and you are pretty darned amazing!
5 Fun Things I Found This Week
1. Ben Stein and Alicia Brown of Edible Uprising Farm grow over 200 heirloom varieties on just an acre of land. This beautiful no-dig farm is not only productive, it’s gorgeous.
2. These scenic wallpaper designs are incredible. I need to find a big wall immediately.
3. I’m not typically a jealous person, but Oprah’s farm on the island of Maui has me feeling a little green
4. 10 incredible bonsai trees.
5. Here’s some ideas of how to increase the humidity around your house plants. Your plants will thank you.
Thanks for reading this week’s newsletter. I appreciate you being here. Cheers friend!