Nature-inspired holiday decor is my favorite. I prefer natural decorations over something plastic and artificial. Incorporating bits of the natural world inspires unique color schemes and gives your home a sense of calm. This easy-to-make dried orange garland is the perfect addition to your holiday trimming.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Making a Dried Orange Holiday Garland
- Cut oranges into 1/8 inch thick slices. Keep each slice the same thickness.
- Place oranges on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Pat the orange slices dry using paper towel before placing them in the oven.
- Bake you orange slices in a 200 deg F oven for 5-6 hours, flipping each slice over every 30 minutes.
- Once your orange slices are dry, string them onto jute or twine to create your garland.
How-To Make a Dried Orange Holiday Garland Video
The possibilities are limited only to your imagination when you bring nature inside to decorate your home for the holidays. I can’t wait to see what you create.
If you want to see more garden-inspired DIY projects, sign up for my newsletter. The Garden Moxie Newsletter is published every other week and is filled with garden-inspired projects, home gardening tips, and more.