Living Art of Kokedama | Wiring Flower Stems | How To Make Grape Vine Wreaths
I started this newsletter to share my love of all things gardening. I find garden inspiration in some unlikely spaces and this week I’m sharing those spaces with you. I hope you find something that inspires you.
1. This Alexander Caulder mobile Fish and Water Weeds sold for $2.5M and has me thinking about making a Caulder-inspired botanical mobile for the garden.
3. Knowing how to wire flower stems is a key Floral art skill. Flower magazine teaches you how to wire flower stems like a pro.
5. Elizabeth Floyd’s new collection of original art makes me want to go to the beach immediately.
6. Food52 has me wanting to compost all my food waste to grow a healthier garden.
7. I scored some wild grape vines and made a 25 second video showing you how to make a grape vine wreath.
8. My obsession with garden mobiles led me to Bookhou’s beautiful hand crafted mobiles. They’re for indoors, but that doesn’t make me love them any less.
9. Detroit-based Shinola’s collaboration with Crate and Barrel has me wanting to learn how to make my own patio furniture. I love Shinola’s motto. Build it well or not at all.
10. You can save a lot of money propagating plants from stem cuttings. If you want to give it a go, check out this how-to article that includes a list of the best plants to start with stem cuttings.
Thanks for reading. Let me know what you think of the new format. If you’re new to this newsletter, you can see previous issues and subscribe by clicking that big button below. Cheers!